Monday, February 16, 2009

Prague: Just Arrived...FINALLY!

24 hours later...we have finally arrived!!!! We left on Sunday evening and flew directly from O'Hare to Munich, Germany. The flight was 8 hours, but went quick! Things were going suprisingly smooth until we realized our next flight that took us directly to Prague had engine problems... UGHHH....so we took advantage of being in Germany and grabbed a few beers at the bar! We even had fun making each other get traditional German food. We aren't sure when we will be back in Germany, so we got a kick out of our meals when they arrived....see the pics below. I think Jeff got the better deal than me, sausage and sauerkraut. I had to endure raw salmon with potato cakes and applesauce, very weird combo.












We figured we couldn't complain too much about the delay, we are on vacation and on our way to Prague!!!

After a 5 hour delay we boarded a Lufthansa Regional PROPELLER plane in a snow storm!!!! Definitely not for the faint of heart! Mom (Judy), you would have had to bring a bottle of whiskey with you!











After a quick 40 minute jaunt and a glass of red wine, needed to calm our nerves, we landed in Prague around 9:30PM. We decided to stay in, since it was pretty late, and get some rest. The hotel is absolutely beautiful! And Jeff, being the best husband anyone could ask for, called ahead and had birthday cake and a dozen long stem roses waiting for me in the room!!!











The hotel sits on the Vltava River. We have a great view of both the river, the famous Charles Bridge, and the Prague castle! It is amazing! The hotel dates back to the late 1500's and interweaves centuries of architecture and current technology. We are right in the heart of Prague's Old Town, which we are planning on exploring tomorrow for my big day!!!!











Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more!!!!!! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. HEY! I forgot to call you yesterday! So, i figured I'd just say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! here since you see this everyday. I hope you have fun and tell me all the good places so when I get loads of money, I can go to the places you've been to! Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And have an amazing time! Love you, Jeffery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...you are a sweetie! I hope you are enjoying the blog...we've seen some amazing things so far. I get excited for the next day before it even comes! By the ways, you don't need loads of money to come to Europe, you just need frequent flier miles...=)

    ReplyDelete